Wood and Stone

A site to track our progress as we build our FirstDay Cottage Canadian house kit. Come on in, get a cup of coffee, set a spell and follow along on our journey or join in if you like. Check back for the weekly update (usually by Wednesday when things are going right) to see what we are currently up to!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Updated Typeface

Today I replaced the typeface that came with the original template (Scribe) that I used when creating the site. The font in the sidebar header images was a bit hard to read, and a little more refined than our house is. I created new images using a more appropriate font and created a new header image in the same vein. After the weekend (and when I can get some pictures of our walls) I will be replacing the background image. Cordwood Masonry isn't as appropriate now that we aren't building that style in the house.

No work done this past weekend - I took the kids to visit Mimi for her birthday, and Wendy stayed home and rested up - after the previous weekend she was still exhausted. Pneumonia is a real bear to get over fully. So I'll be working alone this weekend - perfect timing for another lumber moving fiesta. I have to get all the lumber I moved back in early December (remember that?) to the other side of the building. When I originally moved it, I put it right in the way of the only interior walls I have to build. If you are thinking of building a FirstDay, get used to moving lumber. It is never where you need it to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home