Wood and Stone

A site to track our progress as we build our FirstDay Cottage Canadian house kit. Come on in, get a cup of coffee, set a spell and follow along on our journey or join in if you like. Check back for the weekly update (usually by Wednesday when things are going right) to see what we are currently up to!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

FirstDay - Wendy's point of view

It all started one evening, when Sean showed me this website he had found. At that point we were still seriously considering building our house with cordwood masonry. He had stumbled upon it looking for house plans for our cordwood house. He had me look at the plans. I started looking at the plans and then the pictures of finished houses and the descriptions. I quickly became obsessed. Up till this point in the planning of our house Sean had done most of the dreaming and planning. When we went to Earthwood I agreed that a cordwood house was nice and livable but I realize now I didn't have a spark for it. I thought I was just to busy with the kids to really be concentrating on the house like Sean was. But once I started looking at FirstDay Cottages I got the house planning bug. I started reading every thing I could about them on the site and on FirstDay Cottage builders blogs. I started calculating how much we could save and how quickly we could do it. I began telling everyone who would listen about FirstDay cottages. And when we were out and about I started noticing houses roofs, lay outs, wood siding , beams etc. I started acting like Sean and Sean started getting cranky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home